The Global Evidence and Implementation Summit (GEIS) has partnered with International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) to offer a limited number of bursaries to nationals from low- and middle-income countries.
To be eligible for a 3ie Bursary, you must:
-- Be a national and resident of a low- and middle-income country
-- Submit an abstract (either oral or poster) to GEIS 2018 and have your abstract accepted
-- Be employed by a local agency (i.e. not a multilateral organisation that has capacity to provide funding for its employees)
The bursary covers:
- Round-trip, economy class airfare from the participant’s home city
- Accommodation for the duration of the conference, as specified by 3ie
- Full cost of registration fee
3ie bursary does not cover ground transport, visa costs or meals other than those provided by the accommodation as part of the room rate or conference. No per diem/daily allowance is will be provided.
What is the selection process for a 3ie bursary?
The 3ie bursary program office will select a limited number of candidates based on the following criteria:
- How well has the applicant demonstrated their interest in and commitment to the field of impact evaluations, systematic reviews and evidence synthesis?
- How well has the applicant demonstrated that attending the conference will enhance and support their individual and institutional capacity building?
- How would the applicant share their conference experience and knowledge with others in their organisation or community?
- How well has the applicant demonstrated their proposed level of involvement in the conference?
How to apply:
Eligible candidates will be identified from their conference registration and abstract information, and will be contacted directly from 20 June. An application form will be provided to the candidate. This form must be completed and returned by 5 July in order for the application to be considered.